10 Things Your Yoga Teacher Kinda Hates
Since I am yoga teacher, I think I am technically allowed to make this list. Just don’t tell my students 😉
1. Showing up late– Throwing your mat down during meditation like you are trying to kill something is not exactly awesome sauce.
2. Loud, exaggerated exhales– Your ujjayi breath is impressive…but not everyone appreciates your uncanny abilities.
3. Your mat hasn’t been washed in 3 years– It’s starting to look (and smell) like a self sustaining ecosystem.
4. Stepping on someone’s mat– Not that your feet aren’t awesome. But they just aren’t…THAT awesome. Gotta give space!
5. Too much perfume/cologne- Gah! Can’t breathe!
6. Wearing Speedos to class– It’s like a train wreck: you just can’t…look…away…
7. Texting during class– That soft blue light emanating from your hand is probably not your holy aura.
8. Your feet look like you just walked in from Wanderlust– Come on, wash those bad boys!
9. Talking during class– Not everyone likes to hear about your escapades…
10. Leaving during savasana– …right when everything gets settled…and you’ve just been read a quote that took hours to find. If you have to do it, stay by the door.